Search

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

WYCC Rounds 5-7

I am playing absolutely disastrous right now, I guess I'm becoming more tired and playing worse.
5th Round, I was white against Sahoo Utkal Ranjan from India with a 2216 Fide. I played the Four Knights and soon got a bad position. I tried to play very complicated and tactical because I have strengths in complicated positions, but he played exactly like Fritz and negated every one of my moves. In the end, I was down a pawn in the endgame. 0-1

6th Round, I was black against Karabiyar Mohamud Yilmaz from Turkey with only a 1864 rating. I played a bad exchange opening and was soon worse. I got an isolated pawn on d5 which he blocked and I was totally out. I had almost no plan at all, we exchanged into the endgame which should be an easy draw, and at my 40th move, I could play a simple tactic which would draw the game. But guess what? I flagged. Yup, FLAGGED, RAN OUT OF TIME. I was very mad and it probably affected my game today as well. 1-0. I lost both games in one day.

7th Round. White against Marco San Pedro from Mexico, rated 1830. I tried to prepare, but he only had a few games and his name was very very hard to find. I played a bad Rossolimo and he soon equalized. On move 18 he offered a draw. I thought 30 minutes on a tactic, and he had only one way of refuting it, if he did he won, if he didn't, I won. I tried finding another continuation but couldn't, so I didn't want to risk anything, so I accepted. Fritz actually said it was +- 1.4 because of a sacrificial tactic that was very hard to see. I should have kept going and pushed. Round 6 really affected my playing. I need to recover from that loss and change my state of mind.

For the next 4 rounds, I'm pushing all in. No draws, just win or loss. Of course if I'm losing or completely drawn, I'll draw, but winning is my priority for the next 4 rounds. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment