Search

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

5 Hours Before WYCC Round 1

Hey guys, just updating again.
Today at 15:00 is the first round of the WYCC. Eric is going to help me prepare because the 1st round is very important. Yesterday, we had a 1 and a half hour opening ceremony, it was very much like the Olympics, carrying flags in and having performances. My dad somehow got a converter, which is awesome!
My section is actually not very high rated compared to some other sections. The highest rated is a 2463 IM, and obviously I'm going to beat him. (Obviously I'm going to try to draw if I play him) But all's going well, we hung out with the team yesterday, and IM Samsonkin is helping some team members prepare. Kevin says 3/11 is enough for him, but I'm aiming for 5.5/11 or more. First international tournament, I'm pretty excited!
I'll post the results after the round. 'Til then, check out our team blog, or the WYCC main page!
http://wycc2009.tsf.org.tr/ and http://2009cyct.blogspot.com/

I'll upload some photos and videos later, the internet here is very slow so it takes a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment