Search

Friday, November 20, 2009

WYCC Round 8

I played black against Cakiroglu Metin rated 1722 from Turkey. He played the Caro line 1. e4 c6 2. Nf3 d5 3. Nc3 Bg4, instead of exchanging my bishop, I moved it back and soon gave white an unnecessary attack. He thought he could win my bishop by pushing h4, g4, but I pulled a tactic and soon won a pawn, he gave me more pawns, and I gladly accepted. Soon he got his rook to the 7th file and prevented me by castling, he then made a mistake allowing me to shift my king over and exchange rook for knight, bishop. He resigned quickly following. 0-1

Today, I'm playing another Turkish guy named Baglan Esat, 1762 Fide. I should be able to do well as long as I focus and don't underestimate him. See you tomorrow!

Tournament: 3 More rounds and the WYCC is over. Standings are taking shape now, and the medalists are predictable. Eric had a nice start, but faced 3 GMs in a row and is now hard to compete for a medal. Notable players are RICHARD WANG, scoring 6/8, and JIAXIN (DORA) LIU, also with 6/8. They both have good medal chances and might bring the Canadian team home with 2 top 3s!

No comments:

Post a Comment